Our recruitment process :: Telegraph Media Group Jobs
- Just Remote
- Top 15 Remote Job Boards
- Best Remote Job Boards to Hire Remote Workers
- Related Recruitment Insight articles
- Running your recruitment processes remotely: A complete guide
- The Benefits Of Working Remotely And Hiring Remote Employees
- Leveraging Product Claims to Build a Successful Brand Strategy
After a thorough search, screening, and an interview round, the next step in the recruitment process is to shortlist the candidates who will be given an offer. It’s vital to ensure you screen the applicants for the specific role mentioned in the job description. With potentially smaller teams processing applications and multiple stages in the hiring process, a final decision may take a little longer than usual. Be patient and don’t be afraid to send a follow-up email to show your enthusiasm if you haven’t had a response in a week or so. Gun.io exclusively places professional freelancers in a variety of technical roles. Gun.io will work with your company to determine the best fit through a variety of skills evaluations.
The CV is evolving, and there is more to applications than a standard word doc. This will be either via telephone or email and feedback will be provided. And above all, create transparency in your company’s recruitment methods.
There is little doubt that we are living in unprecedented times, as the world adapts to the complex realities of the coronavirus outbreak. These questions are less about the person’s suitability for the job, and more about evaluating the health and safety of the candidate’s workspace. The answers to these questions can give employers the information they need to know about planning for the applicant, should they take the position.
No more face to face interviews or going for a drink to meet the team.So, how can you adapt your recruitment process? Here’s a list of must-haves for the hiring process to suit remote hiring and working. Remote work has transformed all aspects of our professional lives, and this includes interviewing and recruitment.
Top 15 Remote Job Boards
Worse, they can feel more stress resulting in lower morale, productivity, and higher leaves. In fact, around 35% of full-time employees admitted to taking sick leave when they were just fine. He explains, “Your team spans multiple time zones, enabling a better coverage of vulnerable assets, quicker response time to clients, and more around-the-clock progress on projects.” Advanced technology and a growing need for autonomy among employees are pushing a transformational change in traditional work settings. Once they finish their task you can check their attention to detail by comparing their blog with the instructions.
- Send a polite email to the interviewer or hiring manager, thanking them for their time and expressing that you have some follow-up questions or areas you should have addressed in the interview.
- Your employees should have an open flow of conversation with their managers and colleagues, feel comfortable sharing ideas virtually, and know how to manage the tone of their digital voice.
- This is especially important for firms who have recently introduced remote working policies (e.g. due to the pandemic).
- When employees work virtually, they cannot see the other person’s face, catch their tone or expressions.
- COVID-19 rendered a majority of the workforce unable to travel to the workplace to curb the spread of the virus.
- This does not just refer to conducting virtual job interviews but also the assessment and testing of candidates.
Our team of recruitment experts are here to offer helpful advice on hiring and the workplace for recruiters, HR professionals, managers and business leaders. Some companies are in despera te need of employees right now and therefore can’t afford to put onboarding off. As a result, they’re bringing in new https://remotemode.net/blog/how-remote-interview-process-looks-like/ hires to work remotely straight away. When it comes to onboarding your new hire, there may well be a delay to their start date. Unfortunately, there’s no real clarity on when this will all come to an end, so you’re going to have to assess it on a week-by-week basis and keep your candidate informed.
Best Remote Job Boards to Hire Remote Workers
When assessing soft skills the content/subject is less relevant, it is used more to assess the candidate’s ability to engage with a panel of people who are invariably strangers. The new norm is presenting slides to a panel online and we are developing skills to engage with multiple people in a virtual environment. Technology and the speed, quality of connections, length of delays are a factor, but generally, you can still see how people interact with others. This is best done with less formal, situation-based interview questions. Within an operational environment, have the candidate engage with potential colleagues via a plant tour for example – virtual site tours are a reality for many. Your employees should have an open flow of conversation with their managers and colleagues, feel comfortable sharing ideas virtually, and know how to manage the tone of their digital voice.
- This may include video conferencing software, online collaboration platforms, and applicant tracking systems.
- These would typically include images and videos of your office, links to your social media, website, and good press.
- This means your hiring process to find people with the desired skills and experience should be effective, unbiased, and not too lengthy.
- You also need to pay attention to whether the candidate’s working hours fall under the same time zone.
And it may be a good idea to take a look at that day’s Daily Telegraph, or our website, too. If you need help with accessability to make an application, such as our web page not working with your assistive technology, please email and we can assist you via email or arrange a phone call. Yes, we aim to let applicants know the result of their application, whether they are successful or not. We recommend, however, that you only apply for jobs that you are well qualified for.
Related Recruitment Insight articles
If the interviewer gave you a specific timeline for when you could expect to hear back, be sure to follow that timeline. The tests that you can implement when looking to assess technical ability will vary depending on the actual role and the skills that need to be demonstrated. If you would like to find out more about remote hiring, please contact us at
How do remote job interviews work?
A Remote Job Interview Is Like Any Interview
The only difference is you're doing it from home. And that's good practice for when you get the job. Like any interview, you need to prepare before the big day.
It may be the future of hiring, but it’s certainly not something that a lot of recruitment professionals have done before. You may find that you need several rounds of video https://remotemode.net/ interviews to really get to know someone and see if they’re right for the role; and that’s fine. Promoting jobs on social media is a great way to increase applications.
Running your recruitment processes remotely: A complete guide
So, focus on your skills and experience that are relevant to the role and make sure you fill out every section as fully as possible. In some cases we do need people to interview face-to-face, in which case we will have that conversation with you. We collect diversity information to ensure we maintain equal and inclusive recruitment processes.